On 16th June 1900 work began on creating access from Barcelona to the Amusement Park with a tram (known popularly as the Blue Tram) and a funicular railway. At the same time, at the top of the mountain, work continued with the landscaping and construction of the buildings and terraces that are nowadays an example of modernism in Barcelona. On the 29th October 1901, the Park and facilities were officially opened, and interestingly, the funicular railway turned out to be the first main attraction given its innovative nature as a method of transport at that time and becoming an important technological fact in the history of Barcelona. That same year, the first entertainment activities, e.g automatic scales, came to the Park, and postcard vending machines also appeared.
The first decade stands out as a period of small amusements such as: telescopes and binoculars, swings, the Flobert shooting gallery, bowling, mirrors, automatons, messenger pigeons, etc. There were also a large variety of events and shows: the Clavé choirs, military bands, orchestras and balloon rides among others. New buildings were opened, including the Gran Café Restaurant Tibidabo and the Coll Hotel and Restaurant and a large events hall, which they tried to turn into a casino.